Top 10 Fastest Production Cars 2009-2010
Speed, speed, and more speed. Who wouldn’t want to go over 250 mph?
1. SSC Ultimate Aero- 257mph- 0-60 in 2.7 seconds, this baby has a twin turbo V8. It was tested by Guinness records in March of 2007. A 4 lane highway was shut down just so they could test this thing.
2. Bugatii Veyron 16.4- 253mph-With the power to go 0-60 in 2.5 seconds you would think it would be the fastest. Bugatii put a Quad Turbo W16 in it, the bad thing they also put an electronic limiter on it to slow it down. With out the limiter it would easily blow away the SSC.
3. Saleen S7 Twin-Turbo- 248mph-0-60 in 3.2 seconds and with the price tag of only $555,000 its a thrill some can buy.
4. Koenigsegg CCX- 245mph- Swedish made V8 engine that can go 0-60 in 3.2 seconds. The Swedish are aiming to make the fastest car but are a long way from that.
5. McLaren F1- 240mph- With the power of a BMW V12 under the hood this car was the fastest in 1994. It was made about 25 years ago and is still one of the fastest cars!! It will take you from 0-60 in just 3.2 seconds.
6. Ferrari Enzo- 217mph- With a V12 it takes you from 0-60 in 3.4 seconds. Just under 400 of them were made(399), the price goes up every time some one crashes.
7. Jaguar XJ220- 217mph-Who would have thought that a V6 would have made the list. Made in 1992 the XJ220 still has what it takes to go from 0-60 in 2.8 seconds, and give the Enzo a run for its money.
8. Pagani Zonda F- 215mph-Never heard of it? That might be because it is made by an independent company that is rather small. A Mercedes Benz M180 V12 in it, it will go 0-60 in 3,5 seconds but I have to say with a V12 this should go much faster.
9. Lamborghini Murcielago LP640- 211mph- Of course you can’t forget the Lambo’. Its V12 will take you from 0-60 in 3.3 seconds. Its a Lambo’ what more can be said.
10. Porsche Carrera GT- 209mph- The V10 in this baby will go 0-60 in 3.9 seconds. Not fast enough for you? The price should change that. It is te cheapest on the list with a price tag of just $440,000.